Tuesday 14 February 2012

a (brief?) introduction

so... first post...and i have no idea what to say :/
i guess an introduction is in order then.

greetings to you all.  i am Claire.  i have been in the wargaming hobby for nearly two years now, but i took a one and a half year break shortly after starting.  i am now back, and hope to be in the hobby for a lot longer.  i an NOT a gamer, though i would not mind getting into that part maybe once i gave a fully painted army.  i mostly just paint minis.  it's what i love doing the most in the hobby, however i like to pick up random new projects and minis that i like, and then ignore the projects (and armies) i was working on.  this has left me
with a huge backwash of unfinished and unpainted minis, so i thought i'd start this blog to post up my WIPs so you, dear reader, can monitor my progress (and give constructive critisism when nescary), give me the inspiration to both push myself further with my painting, to complete the projects i am either currently working on or have left unfinished, and to share your pearls of wisdom on anything about the amazingly wonderful and impossibly awesome hobby that we refer to as wargaming.  i am still a newbie at the hobby and because i live on a farm, and almost three hours away from the nearest Games Workshop, i find it incredibly difficult to get good advice on the hobby, so your help will be gladly appericiated :)

at the moment i am painting mostly Games workshop minis, but have recently began to expand my nini collection, mostly to one offs that look good to paint.  at the moment i only have warhammer 40k armies (all of which are unfinished) and they are : Exosist space marines, Dark Eldar, Eldar, and last but not leas (as it is my first army) the Tyranids which inspired the name of this blog (i had an obsession with stars when i painted them, as you will see quite plainly when i post pictures of them at a later date).

...wow. that's a lot of talking about myself there. i kinda feel ashamed ^^;.  so enough about me and more on the minis i paint right? see you next post!

p.s. please forgive my spelling. i think in pictures, not in words.

1 comment:

  1. p.s. please forgive my spelling. i think in pictures, not in words.

    Haha same as me :-)

    ReplyDelete